Impinj M730 and M750 tag chips deliver high performance, fast inventory capability, and advanced features
SEATTLE – December 04, 2019 – Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ: PI), a leading provider and pioneer of RAIN RFID solutions, today introduced the Impinj M730 and Impinj M750 integrated circuits (ICs), the first tag chips in the company’s game-changing Impinj M700 endpoint IC family. The Impinj M730 and M750 ICs deliver high performance, fast inventory capability, and advanced features for next-generation RAIN RFID tags that can be attached to, or embedded in, nearly any item, and that operate worldwide.
Developed in an advanced semiconductor process node, the Impinj M730 and M750 ICs deliver increased sensitivity to enable the development of small, universal RAIN RFID tags. The new ICs also allow retailers to operate their RAIN RFID readers faster than with other tag chips, reducing inventory time and improving productivity. And advanced features enable new solutions for loss prevention with frictionless self-checkout and embedded tagging with seamless product returns.
Impinj M730 and M750 ICs Enable Advanced IoT Capabilities
“Today we achieved a significant milestone by offering the Impinj M730 and M750 endpoint ICs to our global inlay partners,” said Chris Diorio, Impinj’s CEO. “These ICs representour most significant endpoint IC innovation since we introduced our first tag chip in 2005 and they portend a future of Impinj innovation and technology advancements that I believe will enable extending the Internet of Things to every thing—from clothing to food to luggage and beyond.”
“Successful retailers are advancing their operations with the integration of IoT technology, like RAIN RFID. Innovative performance improvements made to sensitivity, interoperability, read consistency, and overall dependability across the supply chain are supporting the increasing speed of retail operations,” said Myron Burke, a 25-year veteran of Walmart, owner of Divergent Technology Advisors, and consultant to Impinj. “This growth in performance is opening new doors to greater value propositions like loss prevention, order accuracy to support MABD (must arrive by date), customer pick-up order accuracy and completion tracking, and many more capabilities when coupled with other IoT sensors.”
Memory Configuration Options Available Now
The Impinj M730 IC has 128-bit EPC memory. The Impinj M750 IC has 96-bit EPC memory and 32-bit user memory. Both new Impinj ICs provide increased sensitivity, improved readability, advanced features, and are compatible with the GS1 UHF Gen2v2 protocol which ISO/IEC standardized as 18000-63.
Impinj is now taking orders for the Impinj M730 and M750 ICs with expected delivery starting in the first quarter of 2020. Samples of these ICs are available to all Impinj inlay partners. New products based on the Impinj M730 and M750 ICs are expected over the coming months from leading RAIN RFID inlay manufacturers.
Other bar code and RFID news:
- TEKLYNX Launches New Blog On Barcode Labeling Processes
- Boehringer Ingelheim chooses NiceLabel solution to help support standardized labeling worldwide
- ScanSource to Present at Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- Atlas RFID Announces Annual Jovix Award Winners
- RFID For Russia - Moscow City Streamlines Parking Access and Control with Secure RFID
- Printronix Auto ID Boosts Productivity and Versatility with Introduction of T6000e Thermal RFID Printer Series
- In Wake of New Romaine Lettuce Recall Supply Chain Management and Food Traceability "More Important Than Ever"
- NEW: Suppliers Guide To Aviation RFID
- Reverse Logistics Workflow Added to Smartphone App
- Acuity Joins Honeywell Partner Program - Adds Scanning, Printing and Mobile Computing Solutions
- Inventory Pro Online Adds Integration With WooCommerce
- RFID Solutions Bring Clear Sightline Into $1.2 Trillion Shrink Problem
- Avery Dennison to Acquire Smartrac’s RFID Inlay Business
- Supply Dynamics Named National Champion in US Air Force Sponsored Microelectronics Supply Chain Provenance Challenge
- Metalcraft Launches RFID Company To Support Small Businesses
- Health Traceability Company Raises 30 Million Euros From Funds Managed by Xerys
- Socket Mobile Updates Capture SDK for iOS 13 Compatibility
- Lightning Labels to Have a Big Presence at the Private Label Expo in Chicago