BEAVERTON, Ore., Nov. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), creator of the Digimarc Platform for digital identification and detection, today announced that Walmart, the world's largest retailer, has activated its seasonal toy catalog with Digimarc technology, making it faster and easier than ever for customers to buy gifts for family and friends.
For the first time, customers with Apple iOS and Google Android devices can use their phones to shop for the hottest toys of the holiday season right from the pages of Walmart's toy catalog. The new digitized experience – 'Scan & Shop powered by Digimarc' – is available now and lets customers scan and shop hundreds of toys, including more than 150 exclusives, through the Walmart app when and how they want.
Scan & Shop powered by Digimarc is prominently promoted in 35 million printed catalogs available in Walmart's nearly 4,800 U.S. stores, with millions also mailed to U.S. customers' homes and major omnichannel toy resellers.
The scannable toy catalog is part of a major holiday season initiative featuring early deals, new and expanded shopping services, more top gifts and fun in stores as Walmart prepares customers for six fewer shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Walmart's holiday campaign features several tech-enabled ways for customers to shop for everyone on their list, and is an extension of its effort to help people around the world save money and live better.
"Creating convenience for Walmart's customers was a key priority for this year's Toy Catalog. Through our partnership with Digimarc, we were able to enhance our catalog with a Scan & Shop option for our customers. This is an exciting new feature that I know will resonate with our customers," said Alvis Washington, vice president of Marketing, Walmart.
Walmart activated the seasonal toy catalog by enhancing pages with Digimarc Barcode, an advanced barcode that adds unprecedented functionality while remaining imperceptible to consumers. Walmart also integrated the Digimarc Mobile software development kit (SDK) into its flagship app for both iOS and Android to enable the Scan & Shop powered by Digimarc feature for customers.
The interactive publication is among the most widely distributed commercial print projects Digimarc has delivered, and marks an important expansion of the collaboration announced in April between Digimarc and Walmart to reduce food waste and improve efficiency and accuracy at checkout. As Digimarc continues to expand its partnership with Walmart, the company intends to find more innovative ways to help improve the shopping experience for Walmart customers.
"The Digimarc Platform delivers a new level of convenience to Walmart customers and important data insights for company executives, and further strengthens our relationship with the world's largest retailer," said Bruce Davis, chief executive officer at Digimarc. "We're thrilled to help make America's Best Toy Shop even better by enabling faster and easier shopping this holiday season."
Learn more about activating commercial print with the Digimarc Platform.
More bar code news:
- Millennials Abandon In-Store Purchases When Items Are Out-of-Stock: Zebra Study
- ScanSource Announces First Quarter Results
- ScanSource, Inc. Names New Board Member
- A New Chapter in Diamond Supply Chain Management
- Logistyx Technologies Named #1 Fulfillment Software Provider to Internet Retailer’s Top 1000 Retailers
- Scandit Integrates With Epic Rover to Enable Accurate Native iOS Camera Scanning in Healthcare
- Impinj Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- SpotSee Launches ShockWatch RFID for Tracking Damage Through Supply Chain
- 20.1 Billion RFID Tags to Be Sold in 2019, Finds IDTechEx Research
- New "Verified by GS1" to Help Brands and Retailers Share and Retrieve Product Data
- Epson to Demonstrate New Low-Cost, High-Volume Industrial Printing Solutions at STAFDA 2019 - Nashville