“The ability to match our content as it moves across the myriad of ways it is being consumed is the underpinning to our ability to ensure proper tracking and monetization.”
NEW YORK (PRWEB) April 05, 2019
The Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), the global source of universal unique identifiers for digital distribution of movies and television assets, announced today that Magnolia Pictures has become an EIDR member.
Magnolia Pictures is the theatrical and home entertainment distribution arm of the Wagner/Cuban Companies, a vertically-integrated group of media properties co-owned by Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban. EIDR’s unique identifiers will make it possible for films distributed through Magnolia Pictures to be accurately identified across all platforms and enable precise matching of their titles across third party datasets.
“The use of EIDR’s unique content IDs on our film properties will help ensure that we can readily and efficiently identify distribution of our content across all platforms globally,” says Randy Wells, Head of Home Entertainment, Magnolia Pictures. “The ability to match our content as it moves across the myriad of ways it is being consumed is the underpinning to our ability to ensure proper tracking and monetization.”
EIDR’s unique identifiers can be easily placed as metadata within audio-visual objects across a wide variety of content, including film, SVOD and OTT, digital content and television (shows, seasons and episodes). The accompanying metadata includes title, credits, edit details and technical details, enabling users to mitigate numerous inefficiencies within the cross-platform video distribution supply chain such as time-consuming legacy processes for title matching and identification.
"As a leading distributor of content for both theatrical releases and in-home video consumption, Magnolia Pictures has the need to ensure that they can identify and track how and where their films are being accessed,” says Will Kreth, Executive Director of EIDR. “EIDR identifiers will provide them with a more reliable, automated way to do so and make it possible to match their content automatically on other logs and datasets.”
EIDR (Entertainment ID Registry) is a universal identifier system for movie and television assets built to enable the automation of entertainment commerce and to increase the availability of quality data for analytics and business intelligence. EIDR provides a highly curated database that addresses commercial workflows by uniquely identifying assets ranging from top level titles to edits, digital encodings, clips and franchises. EIDR IDs are already in commercial use in various reporting and cross-platform measurement applications. For further information, visit eidr.org.
- Barcoding, Inc. to Exhibit and Host Two On-floor Seminars at ProMat 2019
- Smartrac and 4E Antenna Enter Technology Partnership to Strengthen Sustainability and Advance the 'Green Tag' Program
- Alien Technology Unveils Next Generation High-Memory RFID IC and Tags
- NiceLabel Launches Global Partner Program
- Shopbrain App Uses Barcode Scanning To Do Price Comparisons
- Linux Foundation Welcomes New Members Including RFID Lab
- Impinj Technology Innovations to Enable IoT Functionality for Trillions of Everyday Items
- PERVASID NOMINATED FOR PRESTIGIOUS RFID JOURNAL AWARD #RFIDLive
- Leading Mobile Data Capture Technology Provider ScanForce Announces Integration with Sage Intacct
- Lisa Dolan, VP of Supply Chain Strategy at ALOM, Named SDCE 2019 Pro to Know of the Year
- Manufacturing Network Restructuring and Raw Material Shortages Among Top 10 Supply Chain Risk Predictions for 2019
- TEKLYNX Releases Enterprise Labeling Solutions TEKLYNX CENTRAL CFR 5.0 and TEKLYNX CENTRAL GHS 5.0
- Smartrac Supplies State-of-the-Art RFID Products that Fully Comply with the ‘Buy American’ Act
- AB&R’s ZC10L RFID large format card printer named finalist for Best New Product by RFID Journal #RFIDLive
- Marco Ehrhardt, EPG President and CEO, Named to the 2019 Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Vizinex Has Value-Added Systems Integrators Program at #RFIDLive
- Dual Frequency RFID Tags #RFIDLive
- New In-Mold Label With RAIN RFID #RFIDLive
- Hybrid Barcode & RFID Wearable Selected as Best New Product Finalist at the 13th Annual RFID Journal Awards #RFIDLive
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews