Impinj’s pioneering IC technologies improve readability and add new features and functionality to:
- increase the distance, reliability, and speed at which a RAIN RFID system can inventory, locate, and engage items
- enable key RAIN RFID use cases like item authentication, loss prevention, frictionless point-of-sale, and shipment verification
- allow Impinj’s inlay partners to design smaller, high-performing, truly global RAIN RFID tags
- “Our endpoint IC technology innovations leverage both Moore’s Law and other leading-edge semiconductor advancements, improving IC performance and increasing functionality now and in the future,” said Impinj CEO Chris Diorio. “We will make smarter tag chips that address key use cases like item authentication, loss prevention, and frictionless point-of-sale. And each new IC we introduce will continue to extend the benefits and capabilities of the Impinj platform.”
New Endpoint IC Series Delivers 2× More Chips Per Silicon Wafer
The new Impinj M700 series of endpoint ICs leverage these innovative IC technologies to enable 300 mm silicon wafers with more than twice as many ICs per wafer as any other RAIN RFID manufacturer’s 300 mm wafers, and more than four times as many as any using 200 mm wafers. Impinj M700 series ICs are so small that roughly 30 million of them will fit in a single coffee cup.
The Impinj M700 series of endpoint ICs enhances the Impinj platform, comprising RAIN RFID endpoints, connectivity, and software. Organizations around the world use the Impinj platform to connect items to applications, enabling the Internet of Things. Impinj endpoint ICs have already enabled connectivity for more than 30 billion everyday items—including retail apparel, airline luggage, manufacturing equipment, and logistics items—allowing businesses to make smarter decisions, improve customer experience, and drive sales.
“The IoT platform we created and the ubiquitous item connectivity we envision form the bedrock of an epic opportunity—to expand the Internet's reach to trillions of everyday items and deliver data and services for those connected items, profoundly enhancing business efficiencies and improving peoples' lives,” said Diorio.
Impinj will demonstrate the first chips in the Impinj M700 series to select partners and customers at RFID Journal Live from April 2-4, 2019.
Impinj (NASDAQ: PI) wirelessly connects billions of everyday items such as apparel, medical supplies, and automobile parts to consumer and business applications such as inventory management, patient safety, and asset tracking. The Impinj platform uses RAIN RFID to deliver timely information about these items to the digital world, thereby enabling the Internet of Things. www.impinj.com
- PERVASID NOMINATED FOR PRESTIGIOUS RFID JOURNAL AWARD #RFIDLive
- Leading Mobile Data Capture Technology Provider ScanForce Announces Integration with Sage Intacct
- Lisa Dolan, VP of Supply Chain Strategy at ALOM, Named SDCE 2019 Pro to Know of the Year
- Manufacturing Network Restructuring and Raw Material Shortages Among Top 10 Supply Chain Risk Predictions for 2019
- TEKLYNX Releases Enterprise Labeling Solutions TEKLYNX CENTRAL CFR 5.0 and TEKLYNX CENTRAL GHS 5.0
- Smartrac Supplies State-of-the-Art RFID Products that Fully Comply with the ‘Buy American’ Act
- AB&R’s ZC10L RFID large format card printer named finalist for Best New Product by RFID Journal #RFIDLive
- Marco Ehrhardt, EPG President and CEO, Named to the 2019 Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Vizinex Has Value-Added Systems Integrators Program at #RFIDLive
- Dual Frequency RFID Tags #RFIDLive
- New In-Mold Label With RAIN RFID #RFIDLive
- Hybrid Barcode & RFID Wearable Selected as Best New Product Finalist at the 13th Annual RFID Journal Awards #RFIDLive