WAKEFIELD, Mass.--The NFC Forum, the world’s leading standards and advocacy association for Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, released its NFC Money Transfer Candidate Specification (NMT) today. NMT gives payment service providers and consumers the opportunity to take advantage of the simple and secure NFC-based payment solutions already in use worldwide as an alternative to QR code-based solutions.
The NMT solution improves the speed and efficiency of the payment process by eliminating the need for a camera or scanner used in QR code-based solutions. It provides an open framework which can be easily used by payment service providers to map their already defined data exchange for QR code-based payment solutions with NFC communication. The specification works between all NFC-enabled devices such as smartphones, readers and tags.
“The NFC Money Transfer Candidate Specification uses the intrinsic benefits of NFC technology – convenience, speed, security and usability – to create a better user experience for payments than QR codes,” (click for more)
- Socket Mobile Ships DuraCase for Apple iPhones 6, 7, 8 and Plus versions
- Support for New GS1 Digital Link Standard From Digimarc
- Live Finger Detection Fingerprint Scanner For The SmartMetric Biometric Credit/Debit Cards
- Web-Based Inventory Management System Reveals its New Breakdown Feature
- Dynamsoft Barcode Reader SDK Update Improves Blurred Barcode Decoding Performance
- TEKLYNX Improves Labeling Accuracy and Simplifies Labeling Compliance for Growing Medical Device Manufacturer
- Global Supply Chain Risk Events Increased 36% in 2018
- Avery Dennison Announces Transition in Board Leadership