PITTSBURGH, Feb. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The RAIN RFID Alliance announced today that 15.4 billion RAIN RFID tag chips were sold in 2018. This is 23% growth over 2017, and the RAIN RFID market is on track to over 20 billion tag chips sold annually for 2020 and beyond. Tag chip forecast discussions began after the RAIN RFID Alliance was founded in 2014, and the industry has been expecting to achieve annual sales of over 20 billion tag chips by 2020.
RAIN Alliance collects volume data from the leading RAIN tag chip manufacturers, all of which are members of the Alliance. RAIN Alliance members, including Alien Technologies, Axzon Inc., EM Microelectronic, Impinj, Inc., and NXP Semiconductors, sold 15.4 billion tag chips in 2018.
"RAIN is the preeminent identifying technology for the Internet-of-Things (IoT), and last year RAIN technology enabled over 15 billion things to be connected to the IoT," said Steve Halliday, president of RAIN RFID Alliance. "We have daily discussions with members of the Alliance, currently over 160 worldwide, and it is exciting to hear about the growing number of RAIN solutions to tag 'things' across many markets."
The markets using RAIN include Aviation, Electronics, Food, Healthcare, Logistics, Manufacturing, Packaging, and Retail. RAIN tags are:
- Attached or embedded
- Flexible or hardened
- Basic identification numbers or more memory and data
- For long-range or short-range
- Alone or connected to sensors, such as temperature or pressure
- Without batteries or are battery assisted
There is more information on www.rainrfid.org and our members' websites.
Our next RAIN Alliance meeting is in Memphis, Tennessee USA, 5-7 March. Everyone is invited to attend and meet our members!
- Digital Transformation of the Supply Chain Planning Function
- TEKLYNX Awarded 2019 Stevie® for Historic Customer Service Achievements
- Schnuck Markets Improves Store Operations and Customer Experience with Zebra Retail Solutions
- "Barcode Reading Without Barcode Reader", at Back-End Directly from ID Images by AU10TIX
- Maine Pointe Appoints Janice Pinson as EVP of Maine Pointe Academy to Advance End-to-End Supply Chain Optimization
- FoodLogiQ’s CMO Listed Among 2019 ‘Pros to Know’ in Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine
- The Top 5 Reasons To Attend RFID Journal Live 2019
- Axicon Celebrates 40 Years of Barcoding Success
- Logistics Startup Gets $1Billion in Funding
- Logistyx Technologies President Ken Fleming Named a 2019 Pro to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews