Axicon Auto ID Ltd, one of the longest established manufacturers of barcode verifiers, celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2019. With a strong presence in both North and South America, Axicon has designed and manufactured barcode verifiers that are used globally to ensure that barcodes will scan the first time, every time.
“We began making our own verifiers in the 1980s, with our major competitors being based in the USA and Germany”, explains Martin Morrison, managing director of Axicon. “Since then we have been involved in the development of international barcode verification standards, as well as developing new models of verifier that make checking barcode quality as consistent and repeatable as possible.”
Axicon’s verifiers are used to check the quality of printed barcodes on all levels of product packaging, from retail point-of-sale items and outer cases to logistics units, as well as the 2D barcodes used on healthcare and pharmaceutical items that incorporate expiry dates, batch numbers and unique serial numbers to prevent counterfeiting. The data shown in the barcodes can also be checked for accuracy and relevance.
“Barcodes are all about achieving fast and accurate identification of products throughout their supply chains, and using verifiers means that manufacturers can monitor and measure their barcode production quality to international standards. Axicon’s aim is to make the best verifiers, and our customers seem to think that we already do,” added Martin Morrison.
Axicon was the first company to use CCD sensors in their verifiers to improve accuracy and reliability, and this approach has been adopted by all other verifier manufacturers. Axicon’s customers include multinational manufacturers and retailers, with a growing number of healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
About Axicon Auto ID - Axicon is the only UK manufacturer of barcode verifiers, and has developed and manufactured its own verifiers since 1989. Axicon barcode verifiers are used across the globe and are fully compliant with the international ISO/IEC standards for both linear and matrix bar codes. These verifiers are used to measure the quality of printed barcodes, on all levels of product packaging.
Axicon develops, manufactures and maintains its range of barcode verifiers at the company headquarters, in the UK, near Oxford. The verifiers are distributed through a network of international partners across the globe, and its clients include major manufacturers and retailers worldwide. Visit their website at www.axicon.com.
- Logistics Startup Gets $1Billion in Funding
- Logistyx Technologies President Ken Fleming Named a 2019 Pro to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- TEKLYNX General Manager Doug Niemeyer Named Supply & Demand Chain Executive 2019 Pro to Know
- Sexton Farms Capitalizes on Cooltrax for Cold Chain Temperature Monitoring
- Janam Delivers 40% Decrease in Water Meter Reading Time
- ALL-TAG Develops Customizable 31x32 mm SuperLabel Combines Security with Omni-Channel Marketing
- Cognex Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for 2018
- Digital Debit Group Releases Retail-Grade QR App Powered by PayPal Now Available on iOS
- Zuant to Launch App at EXHIBITORLIVE 2019, featuring Double Sync Speed, NFC Badge Scanning and more
- RFID Blocking Wallet Secures Funding On Indiegogo
- The Toaster Oven With A Barcode Scanner
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews