Stone Oak Property Owners Association deploys Janam’s XT2 rugged touch computer to improve accuracy and increase employee productivity
WOODBURY, New York – February 21, 2019 - Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly,announced today that Stone Oak Property Owners Association (POA) is using XT2 rugged mobile computers from Janam to improve its water meter reading processes.
With its mission to provide services for the maintenance and betterment of the Stone Oak planned community in San Antonio, TX, Stone Oak POA sought a solution that could automate the reading of 45 water meters. Stone Oak POA worked closely with Barcoding, Inc., a leader in supply chain efficiency, accuracy and connectivity, to identify a rugged mobile computer that could withstand all-day use across a wide temperature range. Decision makers at Stone Oak POA selected Janam’s XT2 because of its compact size, rugged design and superior barcode scanning technology.
- ·Prior to deploying Janam’s XT2 rugged touch computers, Stone Oak POA required several personnel to visit each water meter, record the data by hand and report back to the POA supervisor. The supervisor would then record the data again in a master document.
- ·As a trusted partner and systems integrator, Barcoding integrated Janam’s XT2 rugged touch computers with a custom data capture application from The Data Collection Center.
- ·The easy-to-use XT2 allows Stone Oak’s maintenance team to quickly capture a photo of the meter and record the reading with a date and time stamp.
- ·The new system enables Stone Oak POA to eliminate time-consuming duplicate work, reduce human error and increase employee productivity so that their time can be spent on other initiatives. It also helps Stone Oak POA identify earlier any issues with its irrigation systems, such as leaks or unauthorized usage.
- ·Weighing only 10 ounces, the Android-powered XT2 is smaller, lighter and faster than other rugged mobile computers in its class and is designed to foster collaboration across mobile workforces.
“By working closely with partners like Barcoding and The Data Collection Center, we provide organizations like Stone Oak Property Owners Association with an easy and affordable way to automate data capture. Our next-generation, Android-powered devices enable mobile workers to perform tasks quickly and provide greater visibility into workflows to optimize operations.” Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies
“Prior to deploying Janam’s XT2 rugged touch computer, it took our team more than 1200 hours annually to manage the meter reading system. We’ve not only reduced the time by 40%, but the new system allows us to easily reconcile report results with invoices from the San Antonio Water System (SAWS), and as a result we have received thousands of dollars in credit due to SAWS overestimating our usage.” Meg Lorente, Property Manager, Stone Oak Property Owners Association
“This project automated and streamlined an existing function for early leak detection on a large irrigation system and Stone POA saw ROI in less than one year. Most importantly, we helped them conserve a precious natural resource -- water!” John Kiser, Sales Representative, Barcoding, Inc.
Learn more about Janam: www.janam.com
Learn more about the XT2: www.janam.com/products/details/xt2
Follow Janam on Facebook: www.facebook.com/janamtechnologies
Follow Janam on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/janam-technologies
Follow Janam on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JanamTech
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics. For more information, visit www.janam.com.
About Barcoding, Inc.
Barcoding, Inc. (Barcoding) is a supply chain automation and innovation company that helps organizations be more efficient, accurate, and connected. With extensive subject matter expertise in data capture, tracking, and integration, we are trusted to build and manage solutions for some of the best IT and operations teams in the world. Founded in 1998, Barcoding is headquartered in Baltimore, Md., with offices across the country including Seattle, Chicago and Houston. For more information, visit www.barcoding.com.
- ALL-TAG Develops Customizable 31x32 mm SuperLabel Combines Security with Omni-Channel Marketing
- Cognex Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for 2018
- Digital Debit Group Releases Retail-Grade QR App Powered by PayPal Now Available on iOS
- Zuant to Launch App at EXHIBITORLIVE 2019, featuring Double Sync Speed, NFC Badge Scanning and more
- RFID Blocking Wallet Secures Funding On Indiegogo
- The Toaster Oven With A Barcode Scanner
- AIM North America Announces New Chair and Vice Chair
- Infinite Peripherals enhances all-in-one healthcare device with RFID based mobile security.
- Socket Mobile Reports 2018 Financial Results
- Zebra Technologies Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2018 Results
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews