SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ: PI), a leading provider and pioneer of RAIN RFID solutions, today announced that Hussein Mecklai has joined the company as executive vice president of engineering. Mecklai will lead Impinj’s entire engineering organization.
“Hussein is a proven leader of inspired, innovative, and high-performing engineering teams, notably earning Intel's highest organization award, the Intel Quality Award,” said Chris Diorio, Impinj founder and CEO. “Hussein’s technical knowledge and leadership skills complement that of the rest of our executive team and our talented engineers are looking forward to working with him to deliver our vision of digital life for everyday items.”
Mecklai has over 20 years’ experience in leading engineering organizations. Most recently, he was vice president and general manager, product architecture group at Intel, where he was responsible for defining the product architecture of 90% of Intel’s products, by revenue, including the personal computer and data center franchises. Prior to that, he served in senior engineering and leadership roles at Infineon Technologies, LSI Group (formerly Agere Systems), and Lucent Technologies. Mecklai received the Rodney Chipp SWE National Award for Diversity for his commitment to recruiting, retaining, and progressing women in technical roles, including raising female gender representation in Intel’s platform engineering group. He earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Lafayette College, a master's degree in electrical engineering from Lehigh University, and completed the Intel Leadership Development Program at Stanford University.
“Impinj is the leader in RAIN RFID, providing wireless connectivity to billions of items across a number of industries including supply chain and logistics, air transportation, healthcare, retail, and more,” said Mecklai. “I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to lead an innovative team in developing cutting-edge technology, and to develop new and exciting products and services to advance Impinj’s solutions platform.”
Impinj (NASDAQ: PI) wirelessly connects billions of everyday items such as apparel, medical supplies, and automobile parts to consumer and business applications such as inventory management, patient safety, and asset tracking. The Impinj platform uses RAIN RFID to deliver timely information about these items to the digital world, thereby enabling the Internet of Things. www.impinj.com
- Keypoint Intelligence Recognizes Toshiba as 2018-2019 Logistics PaceSetter
- C3 Solutions Named Food Logisitics' Top 100 Software and Technology Provider for 2018
- FourKites Enables Real-time, Multimodal Freight Tracking Capabilities for JDA Luminate Control Tower
- Pizza Kiosk Uses QR Codes For Pickup, Wins Two National Awards
- 3D Scanning Device to Identify Repair Parts in Seconds To Debut at CES 2019
- Systech Releases Expanded Cloud Platform to Secure Global Supply Chains
- Automotive Parts Supply Chain - FCA US LLC Selects OEC RepairLink for their Mechanical Parts Program
- TEKLYNX International Named to Food Logistics’ 2018 FL100+ Top Software and Technology Providers List
- Updated Dynamsoft Barcode Reader SDK Allows App-Less Smartphone Scanning from Browsers
- New ‘Risk Game’ is a Fun Simulated Educational Workshop on Supply Chain Risk Management