PALO ALTO, Calif., Aug. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian (NYSE: VAR) today announced the acquisition of privately-held humediQ Global GmbH, the manufacturer of IDENTIFY, an automated patient identification, positioning and motion management system for radiation therapy. This acquisition expands Varian's motion-management portfolio and is part of the company's long-term growth and value creation strategy.
IDENTIFY incorporates patient safety, quality, efficiency and surface-guided features in an automated workflow solution for surface-guided radiation therapy (SGRT). The IDENTIFY system features a palm reader for patient identification, a radio frequency identification (RFID) reader for proper accessory verification and placement on the treatment couch, automatic synchronization with the oncology information system, and SGRT cameras for proper patient positioning and motion monitoring throughout the treatment.
"Varian is focused on enabling sophisticated high-quality cancer care safely and effectively, around the globe," said Kolleen Kennedy, president of Varian's Oncology Systems business. "Varian and humediQ Global share a common mission in the worldwide fight against cancer and we are pleased to welcome the humediQ Global employees to the expanding Varian family in the region and add the comprehensive IDENTIFY solution to our portfolio."
"The IDENTIFY solution combines improved patient safety, an enhanced clinical workflow and surface guided imaging for high-quality radiation therapy treatments," said Christian Hieronimi, CEO of humediQ Global. "We are excited to join Varian and bring this solution to as many patients as possible worldwide. We share a passion for innovation, quality, and patient centered care and look forward to continue that mission together."
For more information visit https://www.varian.com/humediq
Varian is a leader in developing and delivering cancer care solutions and is focused on creating a world without fear of cancer. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Varian employs approximately 6,500 people around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com and follow @VarianMedSys on Twitter.
- RFID Helps DIY Retailer Beat Shoplifters And Protect Luxury Range of Faucets and High-Value Tools
- SATO Launches StoreAdvise to Focus on Intelligent Technology-based Solutions
- Walmart Executive Joins Warehouse Drone Pioneer, PINC
- Resource Label Group Expands Its North American Footprint Through Acquisition
- Ticketmaster And SF 49ers Use Barcodes To Bring Breakthrough Ticketing Technology To Fans
- Digimarc Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Cognex and StayLinked Partner to Offer Modernized Terminal Emulation Solution
- MSM Solutions Named 2018 North America Premier Partner by Honeywell
- Solution to Trucking Woes Lies in New Driver Training, Technology
- Used Barcode Equipment for Sale - approx 200 pieces
- Toshiba Begins Shipping Print and Apply Labeling System
- CaptureTech Receives Lenel Factory Certification under Lenel’s OpenAccess Alliance Program
- Omron Releases NX1 Controller for IIoT Applications with OPC UA and SQL Connectivity
- Cognex Reports Results for the Second Quarter of 2018
- Scandit Raises $30M in Series B Led by GV
- Smartag International Purchases OREB SDN BHD
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews