Inventory Cloud Service Enables Retailers to Connect Customers with Items, Sizes, and Colors, No Matter Where the Item Resides
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., July 25, 2018 – To empower retailers to more easily track, access and manage inventory in store Oracle Retail has introduced a new Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service. By providing the ability to view inventory by size, color and other key attributes, the Oracle Retail Cloud Service helps retailers improve customer satisfaction and fulfill demand regardless of channel.
“With Oracle Retail Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service, we are providing retailers with the ability to have real-time inventory visibility to enable core merchandising operations, ecommerce and order management” said Jeff Warren, vice president, Oracle Retail. “The integration points provide the level of inventory visibility and fulfillment transparency that makes a tremendous difference to the customer and to the business.”
For fashion retailers, customer satisfaction often comes down to simply being able to locate and deliver an item in the size and color that the customer wants. Traditionally, store associates endeavor to fulfill customer requests for an elusive size, or color, by looking online or calling fellow stores. This process can be time-consuming and ineffective, consuming resources across a business that already operates on narrow margins.
Oracle Retail Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service solves this problem and provides the retail community with:
- ·“Store Up” Vs “Warehouse Down” Approach to Inventory Management: By providing the ability to have visibility into inventory at a detailed level within the store, combined with a view of warehouse inventory, the Oracle Retail Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service enables stores to influence inventory sell through by requesting it directly from the warehouse.
- ·Item Visibility by Size, Color, and Location. The Oracle Retail Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service is designed to address fashion or hardline retailers’ unique need for item visibility, and caters to them by enabling identifying items at the color and size level as well as by the item’s exact location within stores across the store network.
- ·Access to Item Inventory Positions Across All Locations, to Meet Fulfillment for All Channels. With visibility to where an item resides, comes the ability to drive increased customer satisfaction, complete customer transactions and fulfill orders quickly and efficiently. While retailers often are asked to find and ship an item to customers, the task can consume an inordinate amount of time and resources with a lack of connectivity and transparency. By streamlining inventory management at the store, the Oracle Retail solution helps retailers to improve customer service and drive increased profitability.
- ·Mobile, Intuitive User Interface Reduces Training for Store Associates. Oracle Retail Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service is designed to drive increased efficiencies across the store inventory processes. The intuitive user interface can reduce training time, and increases productivity and return on employee investment at a faster rate than ever before.
- ·Faster Rollout, Lower Total Cost of Ownership. Oracle Retail Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service provides retailers the ability to deploy the store inventory solution faster, while taking advantage of future investment through frequent service updates. The Store Inventory Operations Cloud Service plays a key role in Oracle Retail’s overall commitment to ensure a timely, common view of inventory across the retail network – an imperative for successful omnichannel fulfillment.
About Oracle Retail:
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open, and integrated suite of best-of-breed business applications, cloud services, and hardware that are engineered to work together and empower commerce. Leading fashion, grocery, and specialty retailers use Oracle solutions to anticipate market changes, simplify operations and inspire authentic brand interactions. For more information, visit our website at www.oracle.com/retail.
The Oracle Cloud delivers hundreds of SaaS applications and enterprise-class PaaS and IaaS services to customers in more than 195 countries and territories while processing 55 billion transactions a day. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), please visit us at oracle.com.
- Zebra Technologies Enhances Patient Care With New Healthcare Printing Solutions
- King Kullen to Expand Grocery eCommerce Capabilities with Upgrade of MyWebGrocer Platform
- Zebra Technologies Introduces ZQ600 Mobile Printers To Optimize Supply Chain Operations
- JSC (Supply Chain Consultants) Appoint Ray Demelfi To VP
- Socket Mobile Adds Passport Reading in Retail Barcode Readers To support visitor duty-free shopping
- Next Generation RFID and IoT Forklift Reader for the Most Demanding Warehouse and Logistics Applications
- Court Tosses Out Neology's Temporary Restraining Order Against Star Systems and Titan RFID Reader
- Avery Dennison Upcoming Investor Events
- Socket Mobile Announces 2018 Second Quarter Results Release Date and Conference Call
- Digimarc Sets Second Quarter 2018 Conference Call for Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- mondCloud Receives Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s SDCE 100 Award
- Ocean Resort Casino, Latest Addition to Atlantic City, Manages Large Inventory with RFID Technology