Judge Asserts the Order should Never Have Been Granted
HONG KONG, July 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 19th, 2018, a Texas Court dissolved the Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) against Star Systems International, Ltd. (SSI) and the innovative, high-performance, multi-protocol Titan RFID reader. The removal of the TRO comes a mere seven days after it was put into place, following an application by SSI's competitor Neology, Inc.
SSI had not been given an opportunity to be heard prior to the TRO being put in place. As soon as SSI was able to make a submission to the court, in which several inaccuracies and misrepresentations in the original TRO application were pointed out, the Texas Court decided to remove the TRO.
The Judge said words to the effect that issuing a press release about a temporary order, like the press release issued by Neology, is a falsity to the public at large.
"Our competitor committed the legal equivalent of a sneak attack," said SSI CEO Bob Karr. "It is unfortunate for the entire market that there is a player out there who is pursuing a strategy of 'competition-by-lawsuit'. SSI will defend itself vigorously against these accusations and protect the interests of our partners."
As of today, there are absolutely no restrictions on selling, manufacturing or otherwise using the Titan RFID reader.
Said SSI Chief Technology Officer Stephen Lockhart:
"SSI has committed a considerable amount of time, effort and financial resources to designing and developing what we feel is the best performing RFID reader available today. Our customers should feel confident in the knowledge that the Titan reader relies exclusively on Intellectual Property that is owned or licensed by SSI, or otherwise open source."
Star Systems International looks forward to the continued roll-out of the Titan reader in the United States and around the world.
About STAR Systems International
STAR Systems International is a market leader providing solutions including RFID transponders, readers, antennas and professional consulting services for Auto ID & Vehicle Identification Applications. STAR Systems leverages technical implementation expertise, training and support to ensure customer success. "Your Success Is Our Vision". Our focus is providing best-in-class technologies for Smart City Initiatives including; Electronic Tolling (ETC), Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR), Fleet Management, Parking and Secure Access Control applications. Our mission is to enable our partners and users to experience high-performance and reliable integrated solutions which are key elements of any modern Smart City initiative. For more information on STAR Systems visit http://www.star-int.net
Also relevant :
Neology RFID Patent Claim Invalidated ... (Bar Code News) Created on 07 May 2018... with resulting in a decision that the claims within a radio frequency identification (RFID) patent owned by Neology Inc. (Neology) are invalid and unpatentable. The PTAB conclusion invalidating this patent ...
- Avery Dennison Upcoming Investor Events
- Socket Mobile Announces 2018 Second Quarter Results Release Date and Conference Call
- Digimarc Sets Second Quarter 2018 Conference Call for Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- mondCloud Receives Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s SDCE 100 Award
- Ocean Resort Casino, Latest Addition to Atlantic City, Manages Large Inventory with RFID Technology
- Open Sky Group and Matson Logistics Awarded for Rapid Implementation WMS Upgrade
- DENSO Foundation Awards Nearly $1 Million in STEM Education Grants
- PINC Recognized as Top Supply Chain Projects of 2018
- Customers To Receive Complimentary Hot Dog with Social Media Barcode
- New Nike Live Concept Store Unites Digital and Physical Retail
- Barcom, Inc. Appoints New VP of Sales & Marketing
- 4SIGHT Named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects for 2018
- JLT Mobile Computers to showcase rugged tablet and IT solutions for precision farming at InfoAg
- Alibaba Invests in RFID to Enhance Brand Protection
- Smartrac Unveils New Belt Inlays Based on NXP’s UCODE® 8 Chips
The Barcode News Magazine :: Summer 2018
We invite you to read our brand-new online magazine issue. Click to read the latest in barcoding!
This issue features articles and case studies on:
- Using RFID for Customer Service
- The True Cost of UPC Data
- Labeling and Packaging Artwork
- Industrial Vending
- Barcoded Neurons and Brain Mapping
- How Technology Can Help Retailers
This publication is packed with insightful information from experts in the Bar Code and Labeling Industry - and of course, a link to our free bar code label makers for UPC and other bar codes and also QR codes.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews