Without a controlled methodology for determining optimum order packing methods that take carrier costs and zone-based dimensional rating biases into account, shippers can expect to see more unexpected DIM fees on their carrier invoices.
MARLBOROUGH, Mass. (PRWEB) May 30, 2018
eCommerce volumes have left parcel and LTL carriers with diminished capacity. They have responded by expanding dimensional-based (DIM) rating policies, making it more likely than ever that shippers will pay a lot more if they do not change the way they cartonize and palletize orders. Pierbridge’s presentation at the upcoming IRCE show will focus on how new technology will automate transportation cost-effective packing and palletization in a way that most warehouse management systems simply do not.
“Uncontrolled packing practices could be costing shippers a fortune,” according to Pierbridge CEO Bob Malley. “Containers filled with air are preventing carriers from ‘cubing out’ their vehicles with maximum weight. Carriers are fighting back with expanded space-based rating and who can blame them? Without a controlled methodology for determining optimum order packing methods that take carrier costs and zone-based dimensional rating biases into account, shippers can expect to see more unexpected DIM fees on their carrier invoices.”
Carrier costs aren’t the only consideration for optimizing packing. Excessive packaging adds unnecessary costs for materials and has a negative impact on the environment. Improperly packed items can lead to damage, return, and waste, all of which can impact the customer experience and hurt your brand.
Join Malley as he provides insights into how shippers can utilize advanced cartonization algorithms to help shippers optimize packing and palletization. His presentation will begin at 10:30 am on Thursday, June 7 during the inaugural Spotlight On presentations at IRCE 2018.
Five tips to help reduce unexpected DIM fees:
1. Avoid packing in cartons that are too large
2. Avoid packing in cartons that are too small
3. Avoid carriers’ zone-based dimensional rating biases
4. Reduce DIM fees by DIM factor rate shopping and negotiation
5. Use cartonization technology to take the guesswork out of quoting transportation costs and fulfilling orders
To learn more about Transtream, powered by Pierbridge, visit http://www.Pierbridge.com/Transtream.html
Founded in 2004 by an experienced executive team with a proven track record of success in the transportation software industry, Pierbridge is now a global organization with offices in North America, UK, and Europe. Pierbridge’s Transtream Parcel TMS enterprise shipping software powers some of the largest shipping operations in the world. Pierbridge is the only transportation management software provider whose solutions have earned both FedEx and UPS ConnectShip Platinum partner status in recognition of product excellence and customer adoption. For more information about Pierbridge, visit https://pierbridge.com.
Find us on social media:
- Jenny Krummenacher of Zebra Recognized As One Of CRN's 2018 Women of The Channel
- Resource Label Group Gets A New Investment
- Zebra Technologies to Present at the Bernstein 34th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference
- Kenya Gets Real-time Livestock Traceability Programme Enabling Trade and Food Safety
- New Balluff Magnetic Mount Simplifies RFID Integration
- 73% of Customers Want Order Tracking Across all Touchpoints but only 7% of Retailers Currently Offer It
- Know Labs Appoints (Ret.) Admiral Bill Owens to its Board of Directors
- Navy Federal Credit Union Names Toshiba Official Document Solutions Provider
- AB&R® becomes member of RAIN RFID alliance