Amsterdam (The Netherlands), April 11, 2018 – Smartrac today announced the appointment of Michael Wai as its new Vice President of Sales for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
“As sales leader for the APAC region, Michael is the right person to provide momentum for our strategic growth by enhancing current customer and partner relationships and establishing new ones. In his role, he will also be part of our global field leadership team that is developing and connecting our Americas, EMEA and APAC regions to further enhance our go-to-market strategy”, said Amir Mobayen, Chief Revenue Officer and Member of the Management Board at Smartrac.
As Vice President of Sales for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, Michael Wai is responsible for all sales, customer service and solution architects in the APAC region and will report directly to Amir Mobayen.
Michael has extensive experience with RFID, a proven track record in solution sales and a deep understanding of the Asia Pacific markets, which is illustrated by his previous career. Prior to accepting this position at Smartrac, Michael served as VP Sales APAC at Identiv, a global provider of physical security and secure identification, and successfully led the company’s APAC sales organization. He previously worked as a Sales Director at SCM Microsystems and HID Global in Hong Kong, where he will be based for Smartrac.
“I’m looking forward to taking over exciting new responsibilities at Smartrac. In my previous position, I’ve been heavily focused on IoT solutions sales, and I intend to contribute my experience in that field to help optimize Smartrac’s successful sales activities in the APAC region and beyond”, Michael Wai said.
Smartrac is a leading vendor of RFID products and IoT solutions, providing both ready-made and customized offerings. We make products smart, and enable businesses to identify, authenticate, track and complement products and solutions. Our portfolio is used in a wide array of applications, such as animal identification, automation, automotive, brand experience, industry, library and media management, laundry, logistics, retail, supply chain management, and many more. Leveraging our global Research & Development Centers, production and sales network, and IoT-enablement platform Smart Cosmos®, we embed intelligence into physical products, empowering the ecosystem of connected things. Smartrac has its registered headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, please visit www.smartrac-group.com,
- Mobile Scan-and-go Shopping: The Future of Retail is Now
- SMC³ Announces Connections 2018 Lineup
- Zebra Unveils Card Printing Solution Designed to ‘Fit Everywhere #RFIDLive
- Supply Chain Modernization Among Major Themes at 2018 TPA Supply Chain Conference
- NASA Leader Honored by AIM North America #RFIDLive
- AsReader Allows Smartphones to be Used as Professional Barcode Readers
- #RFIDLive -Powercast Demonstrates Industry’s First Batteryless Electronic UHF Retail Price Tag
- Surface Trak - Tool Tracking System Uses RFID
- Checkpoint Adds Mini NeedleLok Retail Theft Solution Tag
- Impinj Announces Enhanced Channel Partner Program
- Toshiba Introduces Affordable Print and Apply System at #MODEX 2018
- RFID Innovations You Can Touch: Smartrac at RFID Journal Live! 2018
- #MODEX JLT Mobile Computers Bridges the Technology Gap with Deployment Services Capability
- CipherLab Showcases 1860 Series Bluetooth UHF RFID Reader at #RFIDLive
- New FEIG UHF RFID Gate Antenna Offers Outstanding Performance to Ease Bottlenecks, Eliminate False Alarms
- JADAK Launches ThingMagic IZAR at #RFIDLive18 This Week
- CipherLab Exhibits Rugged Android Industrial Mobile Computer at #MODEX 2018
- Frazier Industrial Company to Hold Press Conference at #MODEX 2018
- #RFIDLive Lowry Solutions Announces New Software Platform Sonaria
- Softeon to Show Breakthrough Order Picking and Fulfillment Solution at #MODEX2018
- Top Chinese Logistics Robot Maker Geek+ Debuts at MODEX
- Dynamsoft Barcode Reader SDK v6.0 Improves Barcode Scanning Speed by 50 Percent
- AB&R to give away a free RFID site survey to #RFIDLive 2018 attendee