PLANO, Texas — April 10, 2018 - Today Venture Research, Inc., a leading global supplier of RFID and IoT solutions, announces the availability of Surface Trak™, a work surface tool management system for tracking tool and equipment movement, usage, and location. Surface Trak reinvents tool tracking systems by tracking tools where the work is performed instead of moving tools to a storage location.
Standard tool tracking systems utilize RFID or barcode-enabled tool cribs that require check-in / check-out procedures. Once a tool is checked out, supervisors can’t track where the tools are located. In larger manufacturing facilities it has been found that each tool user can spend up to 30 minutes in the morning checking out their tools and moving them to their work area. At the end of the day they spend another 30 minutes to check back in their tools. This creates a substantial productivity loss for just administering tools.
The ability to leave the tools in the work area not only improves efficiency, it also provides valuable information to assist in calibration, expiration and tool usage for compliance. Overall profitability is increased with personnel accountability, higher productivity and reduced tool loss.
“Our revolutionary tool tracking system builds on 20 years of experience helping companies of all sizes improve productivity by ensuring the right asset is in the right place when it is needed,” said John Baker, president of Venture Research. “By incorporating the leading edge of RFID and IoT technology, Surface Trak delivers a robust user experience with improved monitoring, notification and visibility into tool tracking usage using a work surface interface.”
Designed from the ground up, the Surface Trak solution provides hardware but also software for a fully automated, web-based solution available in either a client-hosted or cloud environment with scalable solution for multi-location deployments. Extensive reporting provides tool utilization for MRO compliance.
Venture Research will be showcasing the Surface Trak at the MRO Americas Show Booth 2591 in Orlando, Florida, .
About Venture Research
For 20 years, Venture Research Inc. has been providing end to end solutions for customers in the area of supply chain automation and asset management with specialization in RFID and IoT. The Company's products and services have been deployed in over 1,000 installations in 28 countries on 6 continents.
- Checkpoint Adds Mini NeedleLok Retail Theft Solution Tag
- Impinj Announces Enhanced Channel Partner Program
- Toshiba Introduces Affordable Print and Apply System at #MODEX 2018
- RFID Innovations You Can Touch: Smartrac at RFID Journal Live! 2018
- #MODEX JLT Mobile Computers Bridges the Technology Gap with Deployment Services Capability
- CipherLab Showcases 1860 Series Bluetooth UHF RFID Reader at #RFIDLive
- New FEIG UHF RFID Gate Antenna Offers Outstanding Performance to Ease Bottlenecks, Eliminate False Alarms
- JADAK Launches ThingMagic IZAR at #RFIDLive18 This Week
- CipherLab Exhibits Rugged Android Industrial Mobile Computer at #MODEX 2018
- Frazier Industrial Company to Hold Press Conference at #MODEX 2018
- #RFIDLive Lowry Solutions Announces New Software Platform Sonaria
- Softeon to Show Breakthrough Order Picking and Fulfillment Solution at #MODEX2018
- Top Chinese Logistics Robot Maker Geek+ Debuts at MODEX
- Dynamsoft Barcode Reader SDK v6.0 Improves Barcode Scanning Speed by 50 Percent
- AB&R to give away a free RFID site survey to #RFIDLive 2018 attendee
- Honeywell Announces New Software Platform For Connected Distribution Centers #MODEX
- #MODEX - Delta Electronics Unveils 30kW Wireless Charging Solutions for Material Handling
- Storage Equipment Safety Service returns to #MODEX and the North American Market
- Seegrid Expands Supervisor Fleet Management Software With Barcode Scanner Integration
- GS1 To Host Digital Convergence Forum June 6-7
- Two 4SIGHT Leaders Named 2018 Pros to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- A Message from Incoming SATO Holdings CEO Ryutaro Kotaki
- 10 THINGS YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS AT #MODEX 2018
- Mineral Supply Chain to be Transformed by Cobalt Blockchain and DLT Labs
- MTI Wireless Edge to Exhibit New Slim Antenna at #RFIDLIVE 2018, Orlando
- Panasonic and IDScan.net Announce First-Ever Handheld Passport Scanner
- Redbox Selects Mediamorph to Deliver Supply Chain Automation as it Expands its Digital Footprint
- Georgia SoftWorks to Exhibit Telnet Server and SSH Server at #Modex 2018
- Three Largest Districts in Illinois Now Use TIPWeb for Asset Management
- Elatec RFID - Joseph Grillo appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors
- CyberData Adds SIP RFID Access Control And SIP RFID Keypad Access Control Devices To Its New Line
- New Balluff BIS VU-320 UHF RFID Reader for Flexible Manufacturing
- FoodLogiQ Secures $19.5M in Oversubscribed Financing Round
- Bak USA Showcases Its Rugged, Windows-Based Tablet at #MODEX 18
- Rush University Medical Center First to Adopt Code's Soft-Scanning for Epic Rover
- RFID in Healthcare Market Size to Reach $3.89 Billion Till 2022
- Healthcare Packaging Market to Reach Double-Digit Growth Rates in Near Future:
- AIM - Let's Talk About Data Capture Technologies Free Workshop at #MODEX