HIMSS ’18: Optimizing hospital operations through better printing performance, device manageability and heightened security
LAS VEGAS – March 6, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in healthcare purposed mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, today announced a new family of healthcare-focused direct thermal and thermal transfer desktop printers at HIMSS 2018 (Booth #1421). The ZD420-HC and the ZD620-HC are enabled by Print DNA™, a software suite of utilities and developer tools that deliver a superior printing experience through better performance, simplified remote manageability and easier integration. The new desktop printers also offer a unique set of features designed to specifically comply with healthcare power supply regulations and sanitary protocols, as well as increase security of prescription labels and sensitive data; further enhancing the overall quality of patient care.
- Print DNA, powered by Zebra’s updated Link-OS ® 5.0 platform, features PrintSecure device security assurance, which makes it easy and efficient to update and configure printers to use secure connections, block unwanted access and increase protection around patient data and infrastructures. The combination of PrintSecure with Zebra’s Asset Visibility Services (AVS), Operational Visibility Services (OVS) and Profile Manager Enterprise offers comprehensive device security and management capabilities.
- The ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC printers – available in direct thermal and thermal transfer - are designed with simplicity of use in mind. They operate with best-in-class print speeds while maintaining premium print quality required for printing accurate prescriptions, lab/specimen labels, patient ID wristbands, asset labels and more.
- Disinfectant-ready plastics, a sealed button interface and UV resistant housing make both printers easy to clean and disinfect to prevent the spread of germs in hospitals and clinics, while also supporting the growing use of UV cleaning methods. Both printers also include an International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) healthcare-compliant power supply.
- The ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC offer a locking media cabinet to block unauthorized access to high value media such as blank prescription forms. For extra security, an optional lock slot that enables printer attachment to a desk or table is available for the ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC direct thermal, LCD models.
- The ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC feature an intuitive user interface with LED status icons so users can save time and easily see what’s needed to keep printers up and running, from resolving printer issues to replenishing media. The ZD620-HC is available with an optional keypad user interface for easy configuration and a color LCD display that clearly indicates printer status and errors for the immediate resolution of issues.
- Both models provide maximum device uptime and efficiency by allowing seamless integration into pre-existing infrastructures through multiple connectivity options and backwards-compatibility with all desktop printers and media from virtually any manufacturer.
“In the healthcare environment, reliability, security and accuracy are paramount to ensure the best possible patient care. Zebra’s ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC printers are purpose-built to provide healthcare organizations with durable, high-quality printers that offer more secure patient data, increase efficiencies across the care environment and help to prevent medical errors throughout all steps of the patient journey including proper identification of patients as well as medications, specimens and hospital assets.” --Keith LeFebvre, Vice President, Specialty Printing Group, Zebra Technologies
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews