The accreditation supports system integrators and reader manufacturers in the first step towards smart e-ticketing system interoperability across Europe
February 15, 2018 – FIME’s EMEA laboratory has been accredited by CNA-Paycert in line with the Smart Ticketing Alliance (STA)1 ticketing scheme to deliver ISO CEN 16794 testing and certification services for analogue and digital RF transit ticketing readers. The accreditation, delivered by CNA-Paycert, enables public transport integrators, chip manufacturers and contactless reader vendors to validate the compliance of products (such as ticket machines, gates and validators) with STA’s latest transportation fare media standard, which defines the protocols for contactless communication.
With this latest ISO / CEN 16794 for PCD accreditation, FIME has expanded its portfolio of EMEA lab services for the transit market, aiding the market’s transition to the new ISO standard both in Paris and across other European cities. As open payment solutions become increasingly popular in transit, FIME’s services will also drive the integration of EMV® open-loop ticketing, allowing travellers to simply use their contactless payment cards to access the transport network.
“Across Europe, buzz is growing around smart cities, with the move to more intelligent transportation systems at the heart of this vision to provide travellers with quicker, more convenient ticketing options,” comments Myung-Hwa Calais, Head of Transport Sector, at FIME. “The ISO / CEN 16794 standard is enabling the interoperability of validator devices like gates and vending machines. For European transport players like transport authorities and operators, this has the potential to harmonize automated fare collection systems across the continent.”
“We’re determined to support this exciting time for the industry, not only in the adoption of open standards, but to deliver services such as mobile ticketing and the acceptance of EMV open-loop payments. Upgrading systems to support these new services can be a costly and complex process. With our latest accreditation, we’re able to offer a quick, one-stop-shop service to achieve ISO, RCTIF, NFC Forum and EMV certification for transit ticketing solutions.”
* EMV is a registered trademark in the U.S. and other countries, and is an unregistered trademark in other countries, owned by EMVCo.
Other auto-ID news:
- Zebra Revolutionizes Field Worker Productivity with New Durable Smartphone
- Bar Code News Magazine Latest Free Issue
- Packaging Corporation of America and the $200 Million Gamble
- RAIN RFID Alliance to Sponsor 2018 UDI Conference
- Digimarc Sets Q4 and Full Year 2017 Conference Call for Wed Feb 21, 2018 at 5pm
- Socket Mobile Announces 2017 Fourth Quarter and Annual Results Release Date
- KOAMTAC Adds New Samsung Smartphone Cases for KDC470 SmartSled® Solution
- ID Label Converts Bar Code Production Waste to Energy
- ScanSource Reports Record Quarterly Sales
- Hospitals Adopt Bar Code Automated Central Pharmacy System For Medication Inventory Management
- Track and Trace Solutions Market Worth 3.93 Billion USD by 2023
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews