World Duty Free are using SFD Systems’ digital shelf edge platform in the beauty hall at the new Gatwick North store to create retail theatre, capture customers’ attention and drive sales of fragrances. The full colour, high-resolution screens are playing synchronised videos across a three-sided gondola as well as displaying digital pricing and promotional information. SFD Systems has developed the world’s most advanced digital shelf edge solution.
The platform uses high-resolution video-capable LCD screens and enables retailers and brands to play adverts at the shelf edge as well as remotely update prices and information. Its core benefits include operational efficiencies and improved pricing accuracy, but most importantly it helps create in-store theatre: Retailers and brands can now capture customers’ attention and engage with them at the shelf edge to drive up sales. Debbie Ansell, Head of Beauty at World Duty Free said: ‘Our new Gatwick North store is designed to deliver an outstanding customer experience, and SFD’s digital shelf edge platform really helps with that. The screens and digital animations are doing a great job of catching customers’ attention and drawing them into the beauty hall.
Brands displayed on the video-ESLs are enjoying a sales uplift of +40-50% compared to others in the same promotion.' Chris Brown, Managing Director of SFD Systems said: ‘We are delighted that World Duty Free are using our system in Gatwick North. They really understand how to use digital platforms to engage with customers and enhance their in-store experience and are getting great results from The Digital Shelf Edge.’ See the platform in action at Gatwick North WDF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfIy8kbK-Ro&feature=youtu.be About SFD Systems SFD Systems is a retail technology company based near Cambridge, UK. The company develops and deploys digital shelf edge technology for retail stores. We work with global brands and retailers to make stores smarter and run more efficiently.
SFD Systems digital shelf edge platform was launched in early 2017 with Waitrose and has subsequently appeared in Morrisons, World Duty Free and Home Depot. Many more global retailers and brands will be rolling out the digital shelf edge technology in 2018.
Other Barcode News
- Orthopedic Companies Use RFID To Automate Inventory
- Seldat Technology Services Announces WMS360™, Warehouse Management System Launch
- RFID For Pet Door Connects to Mobile App
- ScanSource to Announce Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results on February 6, 2018
- JADAK Launches Flexpoint HS-1E 1D/2D Handheld Barcode Scanner
- NCR is Saying Goodbye to the Infamous “Unexpected Item in the Bagging Area”
- Barcode Verification for UDI and Global Medical Device Labeling
- PERCH Unveils Shelf Touch Technology Uniting Digital and Physical Retail Experience
- Zebra Technologies To Testify During House Hearing On IOT Advancement In Manufacturing
- Checkpoint Announces In-Store Underfloor RFID Solution to Improve Retail Inventory Management