NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Checkpoint Systems, a leading global supplier of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) and RFID solutions for the retail industry, today announced here at the NRF Big Show an underfloor RFID antenna, UF-1.
Delivering the same market-leading quality as Checkpoint’s more traditional EAS antennas, but using unique, patented RFID reader technology, the UF-1 system offers a large read range, with the added benefit of harnessing the power of RFID data to improve inventory management within a completely invisible solution.
UF-1 is suited to a wide array of projects, from those wanting aesthetically pleasing, open entrances to malls that restrict the use of traditional EAS antennas across their openings, to retailers that need wide, obstruction free store doorways.
Using patented Checkpoint Wirama RadarTM technology, the underfloor RFID-enabled solution can identify the direction of a tag passing over the antenna, whether into the store, out of the store, or along the door. It is also able to determine if an item is simply located nearby the exit or potentially being stolen – minimizing false alarms.
According to Carl Rysdon, vice president of Inventory Control Solutions for Checkpoint Systems, “As physical stores look to push the boundaries of retail design, demand for non-intrusive security systems at the store entrance/exit is growing. We’re excited to launch this underfloor RFID solution, which will enable retailers to become even more creative with their store designs and help them improve their customers’ in-store experience. UF-1 is advanced floor-based solution and we expect it to be extremely popular among RFID adopters.”
UF-1 is available immediately.
About Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (www.checkpointsystems.com)
Checkpoint Systems is a global leader in EAS and RFID solutions for the retail industry, encompassing loss prevention and merchandise visibility in a growing omni-channel environment. A division of CCL Industries, Checkpoint provides source-to-shopper solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory and accelerate the replenishment cycle, while preventing out-of-stocks and reducing theft throughout the supply chain -- thus improving the shopper experience. Checkpoint's solutions are built upon 45 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss prevention solutions, market-leading software, RFID hardware and comprehensive labeling capabilities to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Checkpoint's customers’ benefit from increased sales and profits by implementing on-shelf availability to ensure the right merchandise is available at the right place and time when consumers are ready to buy.
About CCL Industries
CCL Industries Inc., a world leader in specialty label and packaging solutions for global corporations, small businesses and consumers, employs approximately 19,000 people and operates 150 facilities in 25 countries on six continents with corporate offices in Toronto, Canada, and Framingham, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.cclind.com.
Other Bar code and RFID news:
- SATO Partners With Apparel Brand UnTuckit To Optimize Inventory Through RFID
- Infinite Peripherals Announces Tickets.com Technology Partnership - #NRF18
- Barcode Verification for UDI and Global Medical Device Labeling
- Impinj Ships 25 Billionth RAIN RFID Endpoint IC Delivering Digital Life
- SML Group Unveils Breakthrough Small Form Factor Retail RFID Inlays Powered at NRF
- Zebra Technologies-IHL Group Study Reveals Retail Industry Sales
- #NRF18 Avery Dennison Brings Fresh Approach To Food-Retail With Intelligent Labeling
- #NRF18 - Shelfbucks and WestRock Partner on Data-Driven Merchandising Platform
- Epson Adds Two Iconex Media Solutions to its List of Tested Media for TM-L90 Plus
- Smartrac Showcases What the ‘Internet of Your Things’ Has in Store #nrf18
- HighJump Unveils Support for Seller Fulfilled Prime at #NRF2018
- #NRF18: NCR Maintains Momentum in Transforming the Retail Experience
- Ditto Smart Hanger Technology Provides All-In-One Retail Solution
- Electronic shelf label (ESL) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 23.98%
- Citizen Launches New Point-of-Sale, Barcode and Mobility products at #NRF18