BEAVERTON, Ore. and NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- NRF Booth #2875 -- At this year's National Retail Federation (NRF) "Big Show," taking place January 14-16 in New York, Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) will highlight how its Intuitive Computing Platform™ featuring Digimarc Barcode benefits grocery retailers in the fresh/perimeter departments, front checkout and center store. Demonstrations by Digimarc and its partners are designed to showcase the broadening relevance of Digimarc Barcode and how the technology addresses retail competition by improving operational efficiency, customer engagement and store operations
The centerpiece of Digimarc's technology demonstrations is its new Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Labels, which is being launched in conjunction with leading retail scale label manufacturers. Retail labels with Digimarc Barcode scan better, even when ripped, crinkled or damaged, making checkout easier for both customers and cashiers.
"The ecosystem supporting Digimarc Barcode continues to expand, both geographically to Europe and Japan, and with additional depth and breadth of capabilities," said Bruce Davis, chief executive officer, Digimarc. "From point-of-sale scanners to fresh label printers to front-of-store checkout convenience, a variety of partners will demonstrate their Digimarc Barcode-enabled solutions at NRF."
Digimarc will have demonstrations and product examples in its booth (#2875) from a number of partners and customers:
- Reduce Shrink & Make Checkout Easy: Digimarc will be exhibiting its new Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Labels in conjunction with major retail scale manufacturers.
- Dynamic Pricing for Fresh Food with Aila (Booth #360): Aila Technologies, utilizing the Digimarc Mobile SDK, will demonstrate an Apple iOS device-based Interactive Kiosk and handheld Mobile Imager for scanning perishable food labels.
- Faster & More Accurate Scanning with Mobile Checkout from FutureProof Retail: FutureProof Retail has integrated the Digimarc Mobile SDK into their app so shoppers can easily scan product packaging for brand content, and scan and pay in the app, skipping traditional checkout.
- Easy Checkout for Customers & Cashiers: Examples of Digimarc Barcode-enhanced product packaging from Sun-Maid, Wegmans and New Seasons.
- Front-of-Store Efficiency Featuring Retail Scanner Solutions: Leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM) will have demonstrations of the latest in-counter and handheld scanners including:
- Digimarc Technology Goes Global: Examples of Digimarc Barcode-enhanced product packaging from Japan and Europe.
- Shopper Engagement throughout the Store Journey: Vestcom will feature @shelf®, its proprietary shelf-edge technology enhanced with Digimarc Barcode.
- Digitally-Engage Customers with In-Store Displays: WestRock will feature an in-store display and examples of private label and serialized Rx allergy medicine packaging with Digimarc Barcode.
- Consumer Engagement, Inventory Management & Logistic Efficiencies with Digital Smart Hangers: Ditto Hangers, in conjunction with OIA Global, will demonstrate recycled-content hangers with Digimarc Barcode to provide efficient, data-rich capture for apparel processing, sales and marketing.
In addition to its "Fresh, Front & Center" theme, Digimarc's NRF presence will also include:
- Autonomous On-shelf Inventory Scanning featuring Bossa Nova: The Bossa Nova robot will be at the Intel Booth (#2831) demonstrating its ability to automatically and accurately monitor on-shelf inventory with Digimarc Barcode.
- The Future of Supply Chain Efficiency: Digimarc and WestRock will demonstrate direct printing of Digimarc Barcode on corrugated boxes that improves reliability and efficiency in logistics
Other Barcode News
- Socket Mobile Expands the DuraScan Line -- D740 Lower Price 2D Barcode Scanner
- Code Files ITC Complaint Against Honeywell
- #NRF18: Zebra Helps Retailers Meet Omnichannel Demands And Strengthen Store Operations
- Demand Management Named to Food Logistics’ 2017 FL100+ Top Software and Technology List
- 4R Systems Presents Suite of Supply Chain Solutions at #NRF18
- Roskill’s Battery Supply Chain Europe Conference 2018 Market Driven by Raw Materials
- ScanSource Announces Appointment of General Counsel | Business Wire
- New Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Label Simplifies Retail Checkout & Reduces Product Shrink
- Softeon to Feature Integrated Supply Chain Planning and WMS at #NRF18
- ISA welcomes Brian Curtis as its 2018 Society President