January 8, 2018 — The RAIN RFID Alliance announced that RAIN RFID technology (passive UHF RFID based on GS1 and ISO standards) has been adopted by many of the world’s leading retailers to improve inventory management. While many companies using RAIN RFID in retail have kept this competitive edge secret, more than 100 retailers have publicly acknowledged adoption of the technology, with top brands from 7-Eleven to Zara, includingBurberry, C&A, Decathlon, H&M, La Chapelle, lululemon, Macy’s, Marks & Spencer, Targetand TESCO.
In fact, data presented at the recent RFID in Retail and Apparel 2017 event demonstrates that adoption of RAIN RFID technology has quickly accelerated throughout the retail apparel industry, both in-store and in the supply chain. Recent market research indicates that some 8.5 billion passive RAIN RFID tags will be used on apparel items this year alone.
“Successful RAIN RFID implementations increase visibility across supply chains globally, helping industry to keep pace with changing consumer and trading partner needs. This ensures that the right product is in the right place at the right time, regardless of the path to purchase,” said Robert Beideman, SVP of Solutions and Innovation for GS1. “Together with the RAIN RFID Alliance, GS1 is driving adoption and working to ensure relevance of the technology to solving important business challenges, today and tomorrow.”
“The complex nature of retail inventory management, and the necessity of today’s omni-channel retail approach, means that retailers are perfectly positioned to leverage the full benefit of RAIN RFID technology,” said Steve Halliday, president of the RAIN RFID Alliance. “The retailers who are deploying RAIN RFID realize that they can see significant improvements in sales and profit margins, thanks to inventory accuracy up to 98 percent and 50 percent reduction in out-of-stocks.”
RAIN RFID Alliance is a global association offering retail technology professionals opportunities to connect, learn and share in the RAIN retail revolution. Membership is open to companies and organizations, including: retailers, brand owners, manufacturers, software developers, solution providers, academics, end-users. This is happening for many other industries too. Membership details can be found here.
About RAIN RFID Alliance
The RAIN RFID Alliance is an organization supporting the universal adoption of RAIN UHF RFID technology. A wireless technology that connects billions of everyday items to the internet, enabling businesses and consumers to identify, locate, authenticate and engage assets. The RAIN Alliance is part of AIM Global. AIM has served as the association and worldwide authority on automatic identification, data collection and networking in a mobile environment for over 40 years. For more information, visit the RAIN Alliance website.
Other Barcode News
- Cashier Survey Reveals Widespread Problems Scanning Fresh Food Labels
- Coty and Shelfbucks to Showcase Impact of In-Store Merchandising Optimization at NRF 2018
- Brother to Demonstrate Advances in Retail Printing to Enhance Efficiency at #NRF2018
- Roadrunner Intermodal Services Awarded Drayage Carrier of the Year by Harbor Freight Tools
- China’s Tuya Smart Announces Smart IoT Solution for U.S. Market
- Campari America Taps Thinfilm’s NFC Mobile Marketing Solution to Drive eCommerce
- IBM Breaks Records to Top U.S. Patent List for 25th Consecutive Year
- 3PL Central Innovates Third Party Logistics Industry With Next Generation 3PL Warehouse
- Rob Berry Named as Vice President of Engineering, Supply Chain and R&D at Parkson Corp
- AerNos and MPS to Deploy Smart Parking Meters with Air Pollution Monitoring Capability