Brussels, Belgium, Dec 7, 2017.The PING Consortium is delighted to be selected as winner of the Innovation Product Award today at the European Forum for Electronics Components and Systems (EFECS 2017). This award recognises that the PING project paves the way for trillions of interactive objects that will expand the Internet of Things to the mass market.
PING (Printed Intelligent NFC Game Cards and Packaging) is part of the EU Horizon 2020 programme with a goal to enable commercially viable production of smart printed objects. The consortium is composed of six market leaders: PragmatIC, imec and TNO focused on the development of ultra-thin, flexible and low-cost Integrated Circuits (ICs); Smartrac contributed its expertise in antenna design; Cartamundi and Van Genechten Packaging defined the target market applications and established manufacturing processes to integrate the electronics into existing high-volume production lines.
The award has been given to the smart game card and smart packaging concepts produced under PING, which use Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) embedded within the products to enable them to communicate with a dedicated reader to enhance the user or consumer experience as explained in the following video:
Jeroen Lybaert, Chief Commercial Officer at Van Genechten Packaging states: “As Europe’s leading independent packaging innovator we continuously invest in the future of consumer goods. We believe in a connected future for all product packaging. PING unlocks the path to ultra-low cost Smart Packaging.”
“By adding the extra digital dimension, we are able to enable a wide range of exciting new interactive card and board games,” said Steven Nietvelt, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer of Cartamundi. “In an ever more connected world, consumers expect to blend the real and on-line experiences and this consortium has developed the way to deliver that to our customers”.
Other Barcode News:
- Honeywell To Invest In Chinese Supply Chain Software Provider And Form A New Joint Venture
- ScanTech Sciences Nearing Completion of First Electronic Cold-Pasteurization™ Center
- Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology Digitalizes its Parts Supply Chain with JDA
- CalAmp and Barcoding, Inc. Enable Real-Time Visibility into Complex Supply Chains
- IoT Edge Platforms Show Blistering 81% Revenue Growth In 2018
- RateLinx Automates Courier Shipments with ShipLinx TMS
- Zebra Technologies Completes Comprehensive Debt Restructuring
- Zebra Technologies Named One Of Crn’s Internet Of Things 50
- CSL Signs Synergy RFID Inc.as Stocking Distributor for Northern and Latin American Regions
- 10 Never Used Symbol MS1207WA Scanners For Sale