BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--121nexus, a leader in image recognition technology and an enterprise SaaS platform that solves supply chain master data problems brought on by UDI and MDR regulations, unveils its newest Scan App – based on the company’s breakthrough technology -- the only one of its kind that validates both GS1 and Unique Device Identification (UDI) data while incorporating the information into an actionable user interface to ensure patient safety and supply-chain efficiency. Recently demonstrated at the GS1 Healthcare Conference, the 121nexus scanner is now available free for iOS in the Apple App Store.
Among the scanner’s unique features is the capacity to provide detailed feedback on why a particular barcode is invalid—enabling the user to take action to correct the barcode. The validation checker checks against 128 GS1 Application Identifiers (AI’s) and validates field length, types of characters, combinations of character types, and the date format.
Using an iOS device camera, the 121nexus Scanner App can easily and instantaneously read the most widely used barcode types in the healthcare industry and deliver device specific information including all information in the FDA's Global Unique Device Identification Database (GUDID) and product specific information when manufacturers are integrated. The 121nexus platform integrates the with a manufacturer's existing SAP or Salesforce system to provide a complete top-down data aggregation and cleansing technology.
Another feature is the ability to select a user type to create a more customized experience when scanning products from manufacturers that are integrated.
For the medical device and pharmaceutical industries, this application achieves a long-anticipated objective: a system that satisfies evolving regulatory requirements for labeling traceability and risk management, while also delivering operational value to manufacturers and easy information access to physicians and patients.
Says 121nexus CEO Charlie Kim, “We are proud to deliver the only universal GS1 and UDI scanning app that automatically verifies information from the FDA's GUDID and manufacturers' digital content. Our platform can now provide the real-time post-market information sought by both the FDA and the industry and easily serves the needs of health professionals and consumers as well.”
Other Barcode News:
- Performance Team Receives American Logistics Aid Network (ALAN) Award For Disaster Relief Efforts
- JLT Mobile Computers Selected by Steketee for Farming Precision Agriculture Solutions
- LightInTheBox Reports 15.6% YoY Sales Growth on ’Singles Day’
- Global Retailer and Manufacturer Alliance Near Completion of National Standards
- GID Introduces a Global Identity Code Generated from Biometrics to Make Passwords Obsolete
- ASICS Europe BV Warehouse Operations Unlock Greater Efficiency with Zebra Technologies
- TrueCommerce Announces Purchasing Integration for Sage
- Supply Chain Expert Flash Global Helps Feed Hope to Children in Brazil