MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – Oct. 12, 2017- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in mobile computers, scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility solutions, today announced that My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group has successfully deployed Zebra’s TC70 mobile touch computers to upgrade its stock management system of its My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse retail chains.
With over 14,000 employees and more than 400 retail outlets throughout Australia, My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group is the largest retail pharmacy on the continent and operates two household brands: My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse.
By implementing Zebra’s mobile computing solution across its network of stores, the Australian healthcare retailer can improve the overall store operations experience, increase day-to-day efficiencies and boosts worker productivity.
- The TC70 touch computer is a professional-grade device built from the ground up for the enterprise with rugged construction, reliable barcode scanning capabilities and robust connectivity.
- Both My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse have deployed over 1,600 Zebra TC70s across its network of retail outlets across the country.
- The TC70 is designed with a smartphone form factor and is powered by Google’s Android operating system (OS). The familiar interface is user-friendly, which allows store associates to use the devices effectively for their tasks – with little training or hassle.
- Zebra’s Android-powered devices are loaded with Mobility DNA – a comprehensive suite of innovative applications, effortless application development tools and robust administration utilities.
- The choice of Android OS allows the retailer to futureproof its fleet of mobile devices, leading to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- The built-in scanner is capable of handling 1D and 2D barcodes, making it ideal for environments where multiple, different types of barcodes are regularly encountered. It is also designed to be able to capture damaged or faded barcodes, giving it the edge over purely laser-based scanners. The rear camera also allows store associates to capture images when necessary.
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 8th year, does not sell software, hardware, bar code products or services. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here.
Check out the latest Bar Code Digital magazine hereOther Barcode News: