CARY, N.C., Oct. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fourth consecutive year, SAS is a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Retail Assortment Management Applications.
"Integrated retail planning is the foundation of agile retailing," said Dan Mitchell, Business Director in the SAS Retail Practice. "Today there are more product choices, more channels and – the key difference – more connected consumers who want to shop where and when they want. Analytics is 'the' weapon every retailer needs in their arsenal to balance all those balls in the air."
With SAS® Integrated Merchandise Planning organizations can:
- Develop assortment plans that allow analysts to quickly get to the store level to identify and manage exceptions.
- Optimize merchandising with both online and offline shopper preferences.
- Tune assortments to meet customer demand for style, color or size based on trade area demand.
- Collaborate with marketing and supply chain using analytics to gain customer insights that help create the best assortment.
- Automate facings and capacity recommendations for each store or neighborhood.
When a complete picture of the customer emerges – who they are, what they buy, and how they buy it – a retailer can make smarter decisions to market and drive sales. Guided by predictive analytics, omnichannel analytics helps retailers manage the process on and off the sales floor through assortment optimization, merchandise financial planning and merchandise location planning.
According to Gartner, SAS, as one of the "Leaders" in the Magic Quadrant for Retail Assortment Management Applications for four consecutive years, is included based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision. SAS is positioned the highest in 2017 for its ability to execute in the "Leaders" Quadrant.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Merchandise Assortment Management Applications, September 28, 2017.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2017 SAS Institute Inc. All rights reserved.
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 8th year, does not sell software, hardware, bar code products or services. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here.
Check out the latest Bar Code Digital magazine here
Other Barcode News:
- An Expanding LoRa Ecosystem Will Connect Half a Million Networks by 2022
- kwik to Demonstrate First IoT Automatic Replenishment Solution at Shoptalk Europe
- Zebra Marks 35th Anniversary of Barcode Printer Line with More Intelligent Printers
- No-Cost iPhone & iPad App Sakura@QR Makes Reading QR Codes and Barcodes Fast & Easy
- Highland Brewery Taps SkuBrain for Better Forecasting and Inventory Optimization
- APPLIED IMAGE Announces a NEW Conformance Calibration Standard Test Card
- Longbow Advantage adds Don Rigdon as SVP of Services
- Cytellix Provides Compliance-Based Cybersecurity Services to Manufacturers Nationwide
- Radley Provides End-to-End RFID Solution
- StarShip Shipping Software for Acumatica Announces 2017 Platinum Acumatica Sponsorship
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews