San Diego, CA (PRWEB) October 03, 2017
Halo, a leading provider of analytics software and advisory services for the beverage industry, announced today that Highland Brewing Company has licensed Halo’s SkuBrain to improve the accuracy of the micro-brewery’s production forecasting. SkuBrain delivers sales and production forecasting, inventory optimization, and replenishment planning for small to mid-size beverage suppliers and distributors.
Hailed as the first legal brewery in Asheville, N.C. since Prohibition, Highland rolled out its first kegs in December 1994. Built almost entirely of retrofitted dairy equipment, the original brewery could produce up to 6,500 barrels of beer per year. Highland’s newly opened location has the capacity to brew more than 50,000 barrels annually.
Highland’s executive team found it increasingly difficult to create accurate production plans. New SKUs and the need to account for supply stock were slowing the company down and affecting profitability. Based on a referral from a key technology partner -- Vicinity Manufacturing, developers of VicinityBrew, a brewery management ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system written specifically for the craft brewing industry -- Highland decided to evaluate SkuBrain.
“We started talking to Highland at the perfect time. The growing pains were becoming material. They recognized the need for more robust planning tools and the efficiencies available through integrating with their existing ERP system,” said Keith Peterson, President and CEO, Halo.
Highland cites key benefits as the ability to forecast new product introductions, a 12-month view into future supply, demand scenarios, and API integration with VicintyBrew, enabling real-time synchronization of replenishment requirements.
“Since we started using SkuBrain we’ve saved $30,000 on ordering our packaging thanks to better forecasting of our demand and production,” said Highland’s Matt McComish, Supply Chain Manager.
Halo is an analytics software and advisory services provider which offers customers an innovative blend of technology to manage demand forecasts, inventory and supplier relationships. Halo’s Advanced Information Hub is a first-of-its kind solution to help companies leverage all their corporate data to generate new insight for competitive advantage. Halo is headquartered in San Diego, California, and can be reached via the web (halobev.com), Twitter (@Halo_BI) or email at info(at)halobi(dot)com
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 8th year, does not sell software, hardware, bar code products or services. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here.
Check out the latest Bar Code Digital magazine here
Other Barcode News:
- APPLIED IMAGE Announces a NEW Conformance Calibration Standard Test Card
- Longbow Advantage adds Don Rigdon as SVP of Services
- Cytellix Provides Compliance-Based Cybersecurity Services to Manufacturers Nationwide
- Radley Provides End-to-End RFID Solution
- StarShip Shipping Software for Acumatica Announces 2017 Platinum Acumatica Sponsorship
- Metro Supply Chain Group Appoints New U.S. Business Lead
- Radial Opens New Fulfillment Center in California, and Plans to Bring on 950 More Workers
- Inxeption Launches New Software Platform to Enable “Product Centric” m-commerce
- AIM Named Innovation Award Winner at 2017 Label Industry Global Awards Gala
- Honeywell To Showcase Mobile Solutions to Drive Supply Chain Efficiencies