AIM Europe President Frithjof Walk recently represented the RFID stakeholder community at a European Commission (EC) sponsored workshop on the efficient use of RF Spectrum in the 870-876 MHz and 915-921 MHz frequency ranges.
The meeting was Chaired by Andreas Geiss, DG Connect, European Commission, and supported by Dr. Ruediger Martin, Radio Spectrum Support of DG Connect. The EC is gathering background in preparation for meetings of its radio spectrum committee.
The RFID stakeholder community contributors included AIM, RAIN - the AIM UHF RFID Alliance, GS1, and the Centre National de Référence RFID (French Center National RFID / CNRFID). The RFID community was also strongly supported by many end users and other stakeholders.
Presentations on RFID use cases calling for an establishment of the 915-921 MHz range for RFID in Europe, to achieve global harmonization, were made by Hervé d'Halluin of Decathlon, Joachim Wilkens of C&A, and Malte Schmidt of Volkswagen. In the audience, other AIM and RAIN members from Bosch, Siemens, and Ericsson added their voices as well as other stakeholders including Airbus.
Other Barcode News:
- Ultracode Receives Global Recognition
- AB&R Celebrates Three Consecutive Years Being A Top Company To Work For
- PINC Named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects in 2017
- Pace Harmon Recognized with 2017 Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100 Honor
- DENSO Awards Battle Creek Student Scholarships
- Zebra Technologies’ iFactr Platform Transitions to Open Source
- Embedded IoT Design Enterprise IoT Insights and RCR Wireless News
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews