LONG BEACH, Calif. – DENSO Corp. has named Haruhiko “Hal” Kato president of DENSO Products and Services Americas, Inc. (DPAM), the aftermarket sales, manufacturing and distribution arm of the global automotive supplier. Kato succeeds Yoshihiko Yamada, who retired after 38 years with the corporation.
An engineer by training, Kato joined DENSO in 1986 after earning his bachelor’s degree from Kobe University and began his career in air conditioning systems research and development. He has held various positions of increasing responsibility within the corporation’s global network, including overseas assignments at DENSO International Asia Pte. Ltd.in Singapore from 1995 to 2001 and DENSO Europe B.V. in Amsterdam from 2001 to 2006.
In 2012, Kato became general manager of the Aftermarket Business and Product Development group of DENSO’S Climate, Heating and Cooling Product Division at corporate headquarters in Kariya, Japan. In April 2015, Kato relocated to Southern California to join DPAM as the company’s senior executive coordinator.
“DENSO is a trusted brand synonymous with superior quality, value and customer service,” Kato said. “It is my goal to lead the DPAM team in advancing products and services that build on our commitment to meeting our customers’ needs in a manner that improves quality of life for all people.”
As president of DPAM, Kato will oversee 470 employees at the company’s facilities in Long Beach and Murrieta, Calif. His duties include managing the sales, manufacturing and distribution operations of all groups under DPAM: DENSO Light Vehicle Parts, Commercial & Heavy Duty, MovinCool, Robotics and Automated Data Capture (ADC) devices.
About DENSO Products and Services Americas:
DENSO Products and Services Americas, Inc. is an automotive components sales, remanufacturing and distribution company that employs 470 people in Long Beach and Murrieta, Calif. The company’s product line includes heavy-duty and automotive alternators, starters, oil, cabin and air filters, spark plugs, AC compressors, oxygen sensors, ignition wires, fuel pumps, fuel injectors and wiper blades. DENSO Products and Services Americas supplies parts for original equipment service dealers, independent aftermarket service centers and retailers. In addition, the company distributes heavy-duty diesel and electrical components, portable commercial air-conditioning units and industrial robots. For more information, go to www.densoautoparts.com.
DENSO Corp., headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics, information and safety. Its customers include all the world's major carmakers. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs nearly 140,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, totaled US$35.9 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 9.2 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com, or visit our media website at www.densomediacenter.com.
About DENSO in North America:
In North America, DENSO employs more than 17,000 people at 33 consolidated companies and affiliates. Of these, 28 are manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. In the U.S. alone, DENSO employs more than 14,000 people in California, Alabama, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, Arkansas and Pennsylvania. DENSO’s North American consolidated sales totaling $8.0 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015.
Other articles of relevance
- DENSO BHT-900 Barcode Terminals Now Certified for CAP Retail POS Software
- (PointofSale.com Blog)
- Created on 25 September 2012
- LONG BEACH, Calif. — DENSO ADC, the Americas sales arm of DENSO Wave Incorporated, inventor of the QR Code®, announced that it has collaborated with CAP Software to make its DENSO BHT-900 Series handheld ...
- QR Codes - Everything you always wanted to know*
- (Point of Sale News)
- Created on 04 August 2011
- ... e of allowing the contents of the symbol to be decode at high speeds. Today QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave and an ISO standard (ISO/IEC 18004) with a free license to use. QR Co ...
- Tips For Using QR Codes Successfully in 2015 - Infographic
- (QR codes and 2D )
- Created on 12 May 2015
- ... t Popular QR Code Articles - Informative or Educational French Company Offers Some QR Code Magic Barcoded Cards Can Help Fundraising QR Codes get artsy again! DENSO Introduces N ...
- Most Popular QR Code Articles - Informative or Educational
- (QR codes and 2D )
- Created on 17 March 2015
- ... most frequently was developed by Denso-Wave in 1994, a Japanese company. This 2D code is also referred to as a QR code, or Quick Response code. Because it has been placed ... Bar Codes: QR Should ...
- French Company Offers Some QR Code Magic
- (QR codes and 2D )
- Created on 13 March 2015
- ... ed Cards Can Help Fundraising Security Analysis of QR/Barcode Apps Finds Malware QR Codes get artsy again! DENSO Introduces New Pocket-Size Bluetooth 2-D Barcode Scanner New ...
- New barcode technologies improve efficiency and speed of checkout on both sides of the register
- (The BarCode News)
- Created on 24 February 2015
- ... Barcodes In Mainstream Video Games AIM Names Committee Chairs for 2015 DENSO Introduces New Windows-Based, 1-D and 2-D Handheld Barcode Terminals Rate Your Favorite Barcode Companie ...
- Barcoded Cards Can Help Fundraising
- (QR codes and 2D )
- Created on 23 February 2015
- ... Apps in Google Play Store QR Codes get artsy again! QR Code Company Discloses Consumer's Mobile Coupon Preferences DENSO Introduces New Pocket-Size Bluetooth 2-D Barcode Scanner ...
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews