Gone are the days where RFID technology is used merely for inventory. Today we use RFID for quality control and precise consumer analytics, among other things. What are the top ten applications of RFID in manufacturing?
1. RFID Track cases and pallets in distribution centers
2. Manage RFID tagged raw material inventory for just-in-time manufacturing
3. Track RFID tagged products through supply chain for quality control
4. Automate time-consuming and error-prone manual processes by storing asset ID, QC and history with RFID.
5. Ensure accuracy in assembly of packaged or bundled products
For items 6-10 and the rest of the article, courtesy of Convergence Systems Limited, please click here.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews